Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Whole30 Day Twenty-three

A little more than one week to go! I'm feeling pretty good, but I seem to have caught a cold over the weekend, so that has run me down. I feel like I'm in a rut food-wise, so I really need to get to meal planning!
  • Breakfast was three ghee-fried eggs, half sweet potato, half avocado, and the last of the alfalfa sprouts.
  • PreWO was 11 almonds. My workout went by pretty fast today. Instead of going outside to run in the beautiful weather, I stayed indoors and watched the end of both the women's and men's Boston Marathon races. It was great. I ran about 25 minutes without even noticing. The last five mintes were a little hard though.
  • Lunch was butternut squash soup from last week, two hard-boiled eggs with homemade mayo, a small head of broccoli, half a clementine (lefotver from Leela's lunch yesterday). Though I was full before the citrus fruits, so I probably should have stopped at the broccoli.
  • Leela wanted a snack on the way home, so I opened the grapefruit I didn't eat at lunch. I ended up eating it instead.
  • Dinner was avocado ceviche (without the cauliflower) and sundried tomato and cauliflower salad with two hard boiled eggs. This was a lot of chopping, but turned into a good dinner.
I didn't really follow the recipe for the cauliflower salad very well-mostly because I was being lazy. Raw cauliflower and no food processor use for me means less steps and dishes to clean. I still thought it tasted great. Sweet from the tomato and salty from the mayo. I might add some sunflower seeds or another kind of nut if I make it again. 

1/4 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp green olives chopped 
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
1 clove garlic chopped
salt & pepper to taste 
All above should have gone into a food processor and combined.
1/4 cup red onion diced
Small head of cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces and steamed or boiled until just tender 
Combine the tomato mayo mix with the cauliflower 




No comments:

Post a Comment