Monday, April 4, 2016

Whole30 Day Eight

I've completed a week of this and have not shriveled up to die!

  • Breakfast was three eggs, half an avocado, half a sweet potato, and garlicky greens. I cooked up a big batch of kale and beet greens for the coming days! The eggs were a little overcooked, if nothing else, I will hopefully have learned how to cook eggs better.
  • Some green grapes for snack.
  • Lunch was broccoli and some leftover ratatouille with walnuts and hemp hearts sprinkled on top. I fried up two eggs with runny yokes, much better than breakfast.
  • Ebon and I finally went out on a date for dinner at Sarma. The food was pretty good, and I had a few options to choose from. I'll put more detail here!
I finally made ghee in the crockpot. I have a pretty old-school crockpot and I don't think I had enough butter in there to reach the main part of the heating element. I tried to follow the method outlined in this tutorial, but after about 6 hours or so on high, the milk solids never really got brown. I tried to transfer to a pot on the stove, but it kept bubbling up and splattering everywhere. I had pretty good luck filtering out the top stuff using an old napkin. However, once I got down to the milk solids on the bottom, those were flowing though the filter too. Only a little bit got through, and I probably should have tried to re-filter, but by that point I was so done. I just said screw it. Hopefully that doesn't ruin it in the long run.

Also I felt like I had a lot of energy yesterday, so much so that I almost cleaned the whole house - vacuumed all the rugs-including the basement, swept, and most time and energy intensive - cleaned the bathroom and especially the tub. It was so disgusting, and now it's much cleaner. I always feel so much better when the house is clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment