Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Udon Noodle Stir Fry

I started out with this recipe for Noodles and Vegetable with Sesame Dipping Sauce as my plan for Monday's dinner. I ended up veering pretty hard off the recipe, so I'll just call it inspiration. The recipe appealed to me because I had some bok choy and carrots from the CSA share that I needed to use up and I had just purchased some new noodles from H Mart that I wanted to try out.


Main Ingredients:
carrots
one hakurei turnip
Bok Choy and baby bok choy
1/2 red pepper
tofu

Dipping sauce:
soy sauce
sesame oil
splash white vinegar
honey
2 large-ish cloves of garlic
Japanese-style buckwheat Udon noodles
sesame seeds for "garnish"

The recipe calls to steam everything, but I ended up stir-frying pretty much everything and throwing in the "dipping sauce" at the end as a regular sauce to coat the tofu and veggies.

I liked how it turned out, but Ebon wasn't a fan of the noodles - he really likes his white rice. I'll be eating the rest of the package all by my lonesome.

I really need to remember to take pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment