Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Taco Tuesday

We call them burritos, but they aren't anything like what you'd get in Chipotle or Anna's Taqueria. I think they are closer to tacos, but either way they are tasty and a quick meal for a weeknight.
Ebon has a preference for the canned refried beans. I don't know why, and I've tried several times making my own refried beans only to be greeted by a grunt, that they are "OK."

15oz can of refried beans (vegetarian)
2 green chilies diced
warmed up on the stove

For the rest of the toppings, I tried to whittle down some of the items in our fridge from the most recent CSA delivery:
tomatoes
lettuce
cilantro
tomatillos
cheddar cheese (not from the CSA, but Cabot cheddar is sorta local and super yummy)

Put it all together on a "burrito" flour tortilla and you have our taco burritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment