Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roasted Veggies

Last night we weathered Hurricane...scratch that - SUPERstorm Sandy without too much problem. I had to drive around emergency vehicles tending to a tree on a power line on my drive home from work - yes I went to work! We lost power for about 5 seconds, but then it came right back on. but our street flooded. A couple years ago there was a huge flash flood and our street flooded then, so I knew where it would be safe to park last night. I had no water in the car this morning!
As for dinner, I had wanted to make a veggie bake for a while - since we got beets and sweet potatoes in our last CSA share of the season.
I roasted the following cut in medium (about 2-bite size) chunks and sprayed with olive oil for about 20-30 min at 425degF:
carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and beets,
Then I added a second tray for the last 10 minutes or so with:
asparagus, red pepper, and red onion

I served this with brown rice and Ebon was none too pleased. We're out of brown rice now, so he won't have to worry about me adding in brown rice until we go to the store to get more.

Now, how to use up all the chard I pulled from the garden.... Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment