Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Split decision dinner


So last night, Ebon polished off the remainder of the leftover lasagna and I ate a meal that Ebon normally wouldn't eat - brown rice, kale and raisins, and tofu in balsamic vinegar.

Our new-fangled rice cooker takes quite a bit longer to cook than our old rice cooker, so I started that then I wanted to clean the house, but I put it off again in favor of Internet surfing and other putzing around.
When the rice was almost ready I started the kale:
~2T olive oil
3 garlic cloves chopped/diced
cook garlic until almost soft add
1/2 bunch of kale chopped from the CSA
small handful of raisins (~1/4 cup)
splash of balsamic vinegar
cover and cook until kale is cooked down/soft

I put the finished kale on a plate then in the same pan I browned the tofu.

Tofu - 1/2 of a 1 pound package pressed and cut in "logs" about .75"x.75"x3"
Browned the tofu on at least 2 sides, pour a bit more balsamic vinegar in for flavor.

I love this dish, but Ebon - not so much. So I'll only make it when its just me eating, which worked out last night.  What else do you like to do with kale?

No comments:

Post a Comment