Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dumplings



It was Halloween, so last night we had dumplings for dinner. When I was younger, for some reason I remember asking my mom to make "crep milk" for Halloween dinner - it's either Norwegian or German, I can't remember for sure. It is warm milk with butter and sugar and cinnamon with flour dumplings - nothing like what we had for dinner. So with a slight nod to my usual request for dumplings on Halloween I pan-fried up some store-bought soy/vegetable filled dumplings that we got at the Reliable Market (Korean). I think the brand we got is Assi, but the key is to find the ones without MSG.
I served up the dumplings with white rice (Ebon was much happier), laver/seaweed, and steamed carrots. We also usually dip them in some soy sauce mixed with a little vinegar for some saltiness.
We only had 7 trick-or-treaters, so we have plenty of candy that needs to be hidden from me so I don't eat it all.
Do you have a favorite meal for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment