Saturday, November 10, 2012

True Belgian Waffle attempt

After our visit to the Food Truck Throwdown, Ebon found a recipe for one kind of the waffles we had: Gaufres de Liege. This time I followed the recipe to the letter.


I would say they turned out decently. They were crunchy on the outside and mostly soft inside and the turbinado sugar helped with some of the crunch. For the effort, though, I probably won't be making them again. My tried and true waffle recipe - which is really a pancake batter - from miss Betty Crocker works well enough and whips up in less than 5 minutes, and I have it memorized by now!
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
combine in a bowl
1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg 
beat the egg into the wet ingredients and combine with the dry ingredients

What's your favorite breakfast food? Do you have a tried and true pancake or waffle recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment