Saturday, November 3, 2012

Coffee Cake

It takes me quite a while to finish my post when I have to upload photos - not so great ones at that...Anyway, this post is from a few weeks ago!

When I want to procrastinate or am bored, I'll often bake. Such was the case on this rainy Sunday morning. I have a ton of work to do and the house is a huge mess, so I'll make a coffee cake instead. Sounds like a perfect idea to me! I made THIS coffee cake with a few variations - of course.
I added about 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the struesel and instead of putting all the streusel on top of the cake, I layered the batter and the streusel so there would be the yummy surprise inside! I also used an angel food/bundt pan, only because there is still lasagna in my large baking dish :)
Here are some pics of the results:

As far as taste goes, I would say that it is OK. I think I was expecting a little more of a pumpkin flavor, but that may also point to the pumpkin I used. The oatmeal made it hearty and moist, but maybe a little bit too chewy.

We had pizza from Domino's for dinner - exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment