Monday, May 2, 2016

Whole30 Reintroduction

Because I'm not eating eggs, I don't think I can do a "normal" Whole30 reintroduction plan, so I'll try to document how I feel after what I eat for the next week or so.
  • After dinner (pizza) Monday night, I felt a little bloated and some stomach discomfort, but mostly OK.

Tuesday
  • I had oatmeal with banana and chia for breakfast - it tasted good and I felt pretty good after eating it. Unfortunately, I don't think that was enough for me (I had split it with Leela and she gobbled hers up) and I was hungry a little later.
  • There was different leftover pizza that I ate around 10, that gave me some serious stomach aches, so I decided a salad for lunch might help, and it did for the most part (mesculin and spinach, cucumber, carrots, broccoli, grilled zucchini, sunflower seeds, and kalamata olives with balsalmic vinegar and olive oil dressing).
  • I had potato soup (no milk/cream), corn chips, cheddar cheese (lactose free), and a spoonful of ice cream. I didn't have any issues until I got to the ice cream.
Wednesday
  • I had oatmeal (a whole serving this time) with walnuts, banana, and chia for breakfast - it tasted OK and I had some stomach discomfort pretty soon after eating. Nuts are on my banned for a while list at the moment. I hope I can tolerate them again, because I love nuts so!
  • My stomach discomfort subsided when I ate my lunch spinach salad before yoga. It had spinach, 5 olives, half a cucumber, and I ate it with some guacamole. After yoga I had some leftover canned potato soup that Ebon had prepared a few days ago, so I'm not sure what was in it but likely some sort of dairy. Finally a baked sweet potato that I ate with the last of the guac.
  • We had Dave's Fresh Pasta for dinner, regular ricotta cheese for Ebon and Leela and Mushroom, lemon and Parsley for me (with a little cheese). We all had some green beans. My stomach felt pretty good after eating, for once!
Thursday
  • I tried my luck with eggs one more time to see if they really give me trouble and they do. I had a hard boiled egg, potato, half an avocado, and a spinach salad. Luck was not on my side and I think I'll have to avoid eggs for a long while. My stomach started feeling unsettled about 30 minutes after eating the egg.
  • Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash with pesto, zucchini, and sundried tomatoes. I didn't have any issues with this - yay!
  • I had a hard time deciding what to have for dinner and opted for rice with kim and broccoli then baked beans. I ate them about 30-40 min apart to see what kind of effect they had on my stomach. Both went down fine initially, but about four hours later, my stomach was in knots. I had gone to sleep and the pain woke me up. I'm guessing rice and beans together is no good at this point. I think I'll try lentils tomorrow - all by themselves (lentil stew) to see how it goes.
Friday
  • With last night's leftover rice, I made rice pudding, but instead of dairy milk, I used coconut milk. I added cinnamon, a little nutmeg, raisins, and a spoonful of honey because it was just a little too bland without it. No stomach trouble this morning!
  • Lunch was grapes, kale and beet greens, and leftover cheese raviolis. So far, no major stomach issues, woo hoo!
  • For dinner, I made spinach and mushroom risotto. I didn't have too much issue with this or the cheese.
Saturday
  • I made a really good smoothie, 1.5 bananas, big handful of blueberries, big handful of strawberries, two big handfuls of baby spinach, a few tablespoons of flax seeds and enough orange juice to get it going in the blender. All the fruit was frozen, so it came out cold and slushy! It was surprisingly filling too. I made it to lunch time ~11:45.
  • Leela and I were out and about all morning, so we had the lunch buffet at Dosa & Curry. Everything tasted so good, but my stomach was a little unsettled after all the beans - chickpeas, lentils, and so much more. I had lots of different things and probably had some gluten too, depending on what the breading was made of in the pakora or the manchurian.
  • Ebon caught more fish so dinner was brook trout and rainbow trout with fiddleheads in garlic and butter, braised potatoes, and rice. I had my first glass of wine post W30, and it made me so tired. I was out when Leela went to bed at around 8pm!
Sunday
  • I had rice pudding with coconut milk and leftover smoothie for breakfast.
  • Lunch was cheese and crackers at a shopping event followed by the last of the greens
  • For dinner, I made a brown lentil stew with lots of veggies and chard and followed that with a banana with almond butter. I felt pretty gross after that, but not sure if it was the almond butter or the lentils. I should have held off on the nut butter just to isolate the lentils. Update - Leftovers gave me some mild stomach discomfort about 2-3 hours after eating.
Monday
  • I had my first yogurt -Fage 2%- and put some defrosted strawberries on it. Yum, and no issues. I'll be off to buy more yogurt. Now I'll have to try the kefir.
It's been about a week of introductions. I still haven't tried gluten full force - as in bread or baked good- or drank a glass of milk, but all the other stuff I've tried. I think I'm ok where I am. I'll report back occasionally if I find something that works or is horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment