Monday, May 16, 2016

Side Salads

I'm normally pretty bad at preparing side dishes for dinner. Saturday's weather was perfect for grilling and Ebon caught another fish, so I decided to make some salads for our dinner.
I wanted potato salad, but didn't want to use mayo, as I'm trying to avoid eggs. So I found this recipe from Food and Wine for Potato Salad with Balsamic, Chive & Greek Yogurt Dressing. I definitely didn't use baby potatoes, and it's possible I didn't use the three pounds it called for. It tasted pretty good, but I thought there was way too much dressing. Also, it could have used a bit more yogurt to make it creamier.

The other salad I made was a simple tomato-cucumber salad made with about 1 clove garlic, 1/4 small onion, two tomatoes and about four inches of a regular cucumber all diced up. I dressed it with a swirl of olive oil, salt, dried dill, and enough vinegar to drench the veggies - probably about 1/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment