Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Baked French Toast

We had some challa that needed to be used up, so I made some baked french toast for Ebon and Leela while I went to a five-mile race. I based the recipe off of Ree Drummond's, but I omitted the "topping" and just put cinnamon into the egg mixture.
Ebon said it was pretty good and between him and Leela, they ate about half the pan (I made a half recipe). I wasn't there for the last part of the baking, but based on the oven, stuff spilled over while it was baking and it turned out a bit more like bread pudding that I would have liked, so a bit less liquid next time. The flavors were good, and it was just sweet enough when I ate it with apple sauce though, I would probably tone down the sugar to eat it with syrup. In the end, I think I'll go back to my first attempt at baked french toast the next time I make it.
I didn't want to eat it initially, because of my self-imposed egg hiatus, but since last week, nuts and I were on better terms, maybe I would be OK with eggs. My stomach was a little upset about an hour after eating it, but it seemed to go away faster and was not as bad as before- progress, maybe. We'll see how I do with the spaghetti pie - also with eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment