Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Zucchini "Fritters"

I am trying to go through my fridge and eat/make things with veggies I need to use up before they go bad. I got a bunch of zucchini on price reduction, so that has been on the top of my list! I shredded a little extra while I was making muffins so I could try my hand at fritters again. I decided that I wanted to bake them. I don't think they are any healthier, because I dumped a bunch of oil in them, but the clean up was easier, and since I wasn't using eggs, I knew they would fall apart in the frying pan.

~1 cup shredded zucchini
~1 cup finely chopped spinach (also going bad and needed to use up!)
~1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (also going bad and needed to use up!)
1 or 2 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper
enough olive oil to keep a patty together

bread crumbs

I started trying to make a patty and dipping it in breadcrumbs in a bowl, but the patty was just falling apart in the bowl, so I ended up keeping the patty in my hand, putting breadcrumbs on top then flipping it onto the cookie sheet, bread crumbs down, and putting the remaining breadcrumbs on the other side.

These were baked at 425degF for about 20 mintues, flipping about half way through.

I thought they were pretty good, maybe a little salty, but good flavors. Ebon, every fearful of green things, took a bite and said, not bad, so that is progress and I'll take whatever little complements I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment