Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Black bean and Spinach Enchiladas

The next thing I have been craving is enchiladas! I wish I had done a little more prep last night. Making the sauce and filling ahead of time would have helped get dinner on the table a little earlier tonight. The last enchilada sauce I made was a bit too spicy for Leela, so I looked for something different. I found this sauce recipe and I think it's a keeper. It could probably also be made in the IP, but I did it on the stovetop today. Instead of the salsa, I chopped 1-1/2 tomatoes I bought for something else I hadn't made yet and didn't want them to go bad. I also used way less chili powder than the recipe called for, 1/2 teaspoon.
I also followed this recipe for spinach and black bean enchiladas. I didn't use the sauce portion, obviously, skipped the jalapeƱo, added cheese inside and sprinkled on top, and used flour tortillas. I really liked how they turned out! Everyone else seemed to like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment