Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Whole30 Day Three


  • Breakfast garlicky spinach, with three fried eggs, a sweet potato, and half an avocado. I used olive oil again, but the eggs turned out a little better.
  • I didn't eat a PreWO snack because I was still so full from breakfast, but probably should have. I felt a little sluggish near the end of my 30 minute run on the treadmill.
  • PostWO I had a few bites of beets from the fajitas and mostly the white from a hard boiled egg (some yolk wouldn't separate easily, so I just ate that.
  • Lunch at 2pm was leftover fajita wraps, avocado, and hard boiled egg.
  • Dinner is mushroom walnut "meat"balls with green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy. I made the "meat"balls the night before, and was glad I did because they are a bit time consuming. I got the recipe from here. When raw, they are pretty "walnutty" and still were after baking. I think if I make these again - they were very tasty- I'll have to change my process to fix the texture, as in I'll pulse the walnuts first to get more of a fine meal, versus the larger chunks that I had from mixing everything together in the food processor. The gravy I made from this recipe, didn't turn out very good either. I used olive oil for the fat and water instead of broth. I also added a mushroom and spun everything in the blender. The flavor was fine, but it was just to runny, even after adding more starch. I'll have to keep trying a different gravy, or add more mushrooms, and maybe some nutritional yeast too.
  • Snacks was a bunch of fruit after dinner - I probably didn't need to eat it, but it was tasty.
I roasted the spaghetti squash for tomorrow's meal last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment