Sunday, March 27, 2016

Whole30 Day One

I've decided to plunge full force into this Whole30 fad - because, yes it is a fad. I just want to try it out to see if the foods I'm eating are really making me feel bad. Usually after eating a bagel, I have so much gas, its not even funny, so completely eliminating grains, sugar, dairy, and legumes from my diet will help me figure out what. I'm not super excited about the legumes part, because as a vegetarian, that's where I get much of my protein. So this experiment will be a challenge, but one I'm willing to take. I'm also hoping I'll loose a little weight. Starting (naked) weight is 157, but I won't step on a scale for the rest of this period.
  • For breakfast, I had 3 eggs, half an avocado, a large serving of kale and beet greens, 3 olives and half a clementine.
  • Lunch was avocado ceviche that I found here. I omitted the cauliflower, jalapeƱo, and cilantro and added 1/3 cucumber. It turned out great! Very flavorful and filling. I also ate some applesauce and a handful of almonds.
  • Dinner will be ratatouille zucchini boats, I saw a YouTube video for it, so I'll have to look up an official recipe. Cheese for Ebon and Leela, but not for me. It consisted of onion, garlic, eggplant, the zucchini that came from the "boat," a bell pepper, and tomatoes. This was all cooked in a frying pan with olive oil then spooned into the zucchini boat and cooked at 400 degF for about 15 min.  I thought it turned out great, but Ebon took one look at it and said there are too many "weird" things in it. He ate soup from can instead. Leela ate a few bites. - Sigh.
  • Snacks were fruit in the park with friends in the morning and lots of cashews in the afternoon and while I was making dinner - this is what I need to stop doing. I also had a banana after dinner.

I was a little bit hungry as it got towards the end of the day, but I wonder if it was just in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment