Friday, March 18, 2016

Brownies!

 I made these brownies . They turned out pretty well, but of course I made some substitutions. I had a lot of chocolate leftover from fondue, so I used that (chocolate and heavy cream) so I left out the cocoa powder and chocolate for the chocolate fondue. I think I used just a few tablespoons of butter instead of the entire stick. The rest of the ingredients were the same. They turned out pretty well, but not as fudgy as is pictured on the web post. I can't complain because I didn't follow the recipe to a "t."

I won't be making anything like this for a little while because after much consideration, I am planning to do a "Whole 30ish" "cleanse or reset or whatever you want to call it. I say "ish" because I'm planning to stick to a vegetarian diet as well. It will be challenging, (no beans! no dairy! no soy! no grains!) but I can say with a lot of confidence that I'm addicted to sugar and refined flour and need this kick in the pants to get off of it. I'm also hoping to lose a little weight. There, I said it for the whole internet to read, even though I don't think anyone reads my posts. I have to do it now, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment