Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sesame-Crusted Tofu with Nuoc Cham

I made Sesame-Crusted Tofu with Nuoc Cham for dinner a couple nights ago. To accompany it, we also had rice and a salad from the first CSA distribution this year! I thought it went together pretty easily, though I didn't have fish sauce, so I substituted soy sauce, water, and some miso.
I probably could have left the tofu in the frying pan a little longer to give it nicer crust, but I thought it was great. The sesame seeds gave a nice texture to the tofu. Since I've never had authentic Nuoc Cham, I thought my sauce was pretty good, though it could probably have been a little spicier (I also didn't use red Thai chilies) and maybe a little less sweet. I would make this recipe again, as it is pretty easy to throw together. There is a bit of waste with the sesame and breadcrumbs and egg, but maybe I'll cut the tofu different or just make more the next time.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment