Monday, June 10, 2013

Cream Cheese Brownies aka Zebra Brownies

I made Cream Cheese Brownies for the first time over the weekend. I have always known them as "Zebra" Brownies, which I think is more fun name. A friend asked me to bake something for their dessert table at their wedding. I had every intention of making a practice run of brownies before the actual date, but I had so many things going on last week I was never able to get to it.
I ended up making a double recipe and baked them in a 9x13 baking dish. I was worried they wouldn't finish baking in time for us to leave to actually make it to the wedding, so I turned up the temperature about 10 degrees. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the letter. I thought they turned out pretty good, though Ebon thought they were a little dry - probably due to the increased temperature. I also could have done a better job of spreading out the middle cream cheese layer, there were some spots that had large clumps and others that didn't have much. I would love to try these out again with a single batch and smaller pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment