Friday, July 1, 2016

Basic Potato Salad

We grilled out yesterday with frozen veggie burgers and sausages, but I wanted to actually make something, so I picked Potato Salad!

I wanted something simple and quick, so I cubed up some potatoes  - probably about 2-3 lbs,I had two large potatoes and one small one.  I didn't bother skinning them, then I covered them in water and boiled/simmered on high for about 20 min or so until they were tender. I drained these and put in a large bowl. Ideally I think you'd put them in the fridge, or let them cool down, but it was dinner time, so I just went with it - warm potatoes and all.
To this I added 2 green onions and one pearl onion - ball and stem - that were chopped small, and about 2 tablespoons of dill finely chopped.

The dressing was pretty basic - to taste
about 1/4 cup olive oil
a little more than 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (homemade!)
about 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
a sprinkle of sugar, probably about 1/2 teaspoon
salt and pepper to taste

Pour over the potato mix and stir to coat.

I originally had way too little salt and pepper, so I added more, probably about a couple teaspoons (or more) of salt in total.

Overall I thought it was pretty good, once I got the seasoning right. Ebon ate it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment