Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pinto bean and veggie enchiladas

I was inspired by this recipe using sauce I had frozen from my last foray into enchiladas.
I added some carrots, a small zucchini, some cilantro I had on hand, and garlic scapes, and Cheese of course! It would have been eaten even less if it didn't have cheese.
I thought it turned out pretty well, but, as is the norm, I was the only one who enjoyed them.
I made them the night before, which was helpful since I had an interview and all I had to do was turn on the oven, grate some cheese and put it all in. I think the downfall though, was that the bottom of the tortillas which contacted the sauce got a bit soggy. It wasn't an issue for me, but if I was to make this for guests, I think I'd skip the sauce on the bottom if preparing ahead of time.
The sauce was a little spicy, but Leela didn't even try it, so I'm not sure if she'd eat it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment