Monday, June 27, 2016

Chickpea Stew

I made a chickpea dish - a Moroccan tagine-sytle stew - yesterday. I was inspired by a recipe I saw in the New York Times cooking section. I'll say I was inspired, because I followed the recipe, but used cooked chickpeas. This sped up cooking time, but lessened the flavor absorption. I didn't have the spinach, and I intended to use some collard greens instead, but I ended up forgetting that and the mint.

I enjoyed this as it was, but I am missing the things that I left out. I ate with couscous and Ebon had it with rice. Leela ate some of Ebon's with rice, but spit out the couscous when she tried it.

I would like to try this dish again following the instructions from the beginning. It would definitely be a long-term/weekend meal or maybe I could figure out how to adapt for the slow cooker.


No comments:

Post a Comment