Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lentil and Sweet-Potato Stew

Another meal I'm making for someone else! This Lentil and Sweet Potato stew caught my eye while looking for a vegetable stew to make for a friend. I had some sweet potatoes I needed to use and wanted to include beans or lentils to make the stew hearty.
My modifications were to use a large parsnip instead of the carrots and instead of the green beans and diced tomatoes I didn't have, I just used a cup of frozen green peas and a cup of crushed tomatoes.
The curry powder I used came from India. My sister got it for me on her honeymoon and it's the first time I'm using it. It is labeled Maharaja Curry. I'm not exactly sure what region she got it in, but it really added a lot of flavor to the stew.
Overall this turned out pretty good, but I would definitely use the diced tomatoes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment