Monday, September 21, 2026

Gluten free pumpkin muffins lower sugar

Inspired by this recipe, I came up with my own gluten free low sugar pumpkin muffins https://thecleaneatingcouple.com/healthy-gluten-free-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-blender-muffins/#

 Technically it doesn't meet the government definition of low sugar, which is less than 5g of sugar per serving, but at 8.6g per muffin with no added granulated sugar, it's not too bad and I'll call it a success.

1.5c pumpkin 

1 large banana smashed 

1/2 c applesauce 

2 eggs 

1/4 c honey 

1 c oatmeal 

1 c gluten free flour, I used King Arthur 1:1 (with Xyanthum gum)

 2 tsp baking soda 

 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves

I was able to get these into 14 silicone muffin cups, well filled.

I baked these at 350F for at least 25 minutes 

They turned out great; not too sweet, but still quite tasty and very soft and moist. I might consider using a blender as they did in the post, to make the oatmeal pieces a little smaller.  I'll definitely make these again!


No comments:

Post a Comment