Saturday, April 13, 2024

Slow Cooker White beans

https://alexandracooks.com/2015/01/15/slow-cooker-gigante-beans-tomatoes-pancetta/

Since my family doesn't like beans, I brought the fancy Royal Corona beans to A&C's. I followed the recipe and added some roasted red peppers, because they have a huge Costco jar on hand. I also threw in a pinch of nutritional yeast for a vegan cheesy flavor. We ate this over some brown rice. It turned out great!


Update using an instant pot. I started with 28 minutes on high, but needed to add  5 more minutes as well as cooking on saute to reduce down the liquid. Or instead, use less water to start with. I think the red peppers added a lot of flavor, so I will try to include it next time. I have another 1/2 pound of royal Corona beans to use.

2nd time making it in the IP. 32 min on HP, NR. Used some red peppers. 3 cups of water instead of the 4 and fresh tomatoes from the garden. Since I had so many tomatoes, I could have used less water still. Though the beans weren't done yet either. After the NR, I did slow cook on hi for 4 hours. It was still more watery than I wanted, so I put it on saute to reduce the liquid by about 2 cups. The beans kept cooking through the remaining time and were perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment