Monday, April 29, 2024

Mushroom lentil loaf

 https://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/mushroom-lentil-loaf/

I always struggle to find something to eat with mashed potatoes and for me, lentil loaf is a no- brainer. The rest of the family has other thoughts though.

This recipe turned out pretty good and only one gave it a thumbs down. The other two asked for second helpings, so I take it as a good sign.

In terms of content I made a few substitutions and left some other things out because I didn't read the recipe that closely.

I threw all the veggies and (eventually) the nuts in the food processor to get the pieces small. I find it makes for a better texture.

I reduced the carrots to 2, skipped the bread crumbs to make it gluten free, skipped the sunflower seeds and toasted the walnuts, and skipped the balsamic glaze for preference.

I used 2 tablespoons of ground flax. I mixed the ground flax into the sauteed veggies so I didn't need to add more water.

I used a mix of red lentils and split mung dal because that's what I had on hand. I didn't need to smash them after cooking since they just broke down.

After everything was precooked, I mixed it together with the chickpea flour and put it into two loaf pans that were coated with olive oil.

I didn't use as many herbs as the recipe called for and it definitely needed more flavor. So I will add more next time.

Also could do to add some more salt and pepper.

Overall, this will be my new go to lentil loaf recipe and I even have in the freezer for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment