Monday, January 30, 2017

Lemon blueberry muffins

Someone in my Facebook dinner group suggested a challenge to work through things in your freezer and pantry. I didn't comment or commit, but it has inspired me to try to plan some dinners around what we have. This summer when Ebon was making lots of lemonade, I tried to save most of the zest. It has been in the freezer since then waiting for me to make something with it. Lemon poppyseed muffins are my favorite but Leela likes blueberry muffins, so I tried to compromise by making Lemon Blueberry Muffins .
Of course I changed things around, I used some greek yogurt instead of the milk which made it quite a bit thicker, so I thinned it out with more milk.
I liked the way they turned out, not too sweet, but plenty of lemon flavor. Leela didn't like them though. More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment