Sunday, January 22, 2017

Instant pot recipes

During the Christmas season, I got an instant pot. It is a 7 features in 1 cooking pot. So far, I've used it quite often, at least once a week, rather than trying to catch up with single posts, I'm going to list everything I've made so far here!

Minestrone was pretty good, but the pasta was a little soft.

Coconut curry-I roughly followed the linked recipe, but added a few more spices (whole cumin, some fenugreek, in addition to what was listed) and used sauté at the beginning with the aromatics and spices. I threw in potato instead of cauliflower and included red pepper and some mushrooms that needed to be used up.

Macaroni and cheese- turned out great! I used penne I had on hand and was worried about it getting too soft, but the 4 minutes was just right. I used about 1/2 cup of whole milk.

Broccoli and cheddar soup- I thought this was very tasty and was super quick! I sprinkled some veggie bacon and scallions on top of mine. Leela liked the bacon, but not the onions.

Tomato soup- fast and easy!

Steel cut oats - 1c steel cut oats, 3 c water, 1/4 c raisins, 1 cinnamon stick, salt. All placed in pot and stirred a bit. Put lid on, press 'manual', set time for 13 min on high pressure. It beeps and then says 'on' for a while, until it comes up to pressure. Once it is done, Do a quick release of the pressure. Once steam is gone, I open the lid and stir the oats. Put the lid back on and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Then it's done! You can also add a bit more vanilla extract, banana and maple syrup and voila - tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment