Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cheddar Broccoli and Rice Muffins

In an attempt to start working through CSA veggies that I did a poor job of using during the week. I made Cheddar Broccoli and Rice Muffin cups. I was inspired by a recipe I saw on Once a Month Meals - which I will be perusing further for other recipe ideas.

I took ~ 2 cups of raw broccoli chopped very small ~1/4"-1/2" dice
Whatever leftover rice was in our rice cooker - probably about 1.5 cups
about 1 cup vegetable broth
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Dried minced onion
garlic powder
2 eggs, beaten
about 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

I didn't really measure anything, but I mixed all of this up and split it up between 12 muffin cups. I baked at 400 degrees for about 20 min, then I upped it to 425 for about 10-15 more minutes, as it was getting late and they weren't quite done yet. They may have taken a shorter amount to bake if I had pre-steamed the broccoli.

I thought they were pretty good - quite cheesy! Leela ate half of a muffin and Ebon ate two, so I call it a win and something I'll make again! I think I'll try to send these, or something similar, to school with her in her lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment