Thursday, September 1, 2016

Eggplant and Tomato Pie

I am still working through our CSA veggies. I decided to make the New York Times Eggplant and Tomato Pie. It worked out pretty well because I had frozen pie dough and marinara, in addition to the CSA eggplant and plethora of tomatoes from the garden.
It went together easily enough. I roasted the eggplant ahead of time, while I was working from home. Then at dinner time, I put everything together and baked it all up.


I thought it looked pretty and tasted good, but it wasn't as well received by the rest of the family. Though Leela said she liked the eggplant and took a few bites of it, which I was pleasantly surprised by. In the end, I'm not sure if the pie dough was the right choice. I also had frozen pizza dough, so that or the dough from the recipe may have been a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment