Friday, July 26, 2013

Pea, Carrot, Red pepper, and Tofu stir fry

This was from about a month ago...

We took our annual early-summer trip to Red Fire Farm to pick strawberries over the weekend. We were also able to pick peas and herbs, so peas played into dinner on Sunday. I had some sauce from a previous dinner still in the fridge that I thought would be tasty in a stir fry. So fry up the tofu, I did - golden on each side of the roughly 1" cubes. I had several veggies on hand - 2 carrots, sliced, one red pepper, and a large handful of snow peas - freshly picked! I removed the tofu from the pan and briefly stir fried the veggies in some sesame oil. When the veggies were almost done, I added the tofu back into the pan and poured in the
Nuoc Cham. I covered and simmered for a couple minutes to get the sauce to soak up into the tofu, then took the cover off to reduce the sauce which was a little watery.
It was really filling up with rice and I thought the combination of the sesame oil stir-fried veggies and the sauce was a good flavor combination.
The peas were awesome! I love snow peas, and they taste soooo much better when they have just been picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment