Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Spiced Pear Muffins

I made these "Fall Breakfast Spiced Pear Muffins" I followed the recipe except for using all white whole wheat flour, one less tablespoon of butter and I added a little lemon juice to the pears so they wouldn't get too brown.

They came together well, I thought the consistency of the batter was a bit dry before adding the pears. Though, now come to think of it, I forgot to add the milk. After coming out of the oven they were a little dry overall too, but they were not too crumbly. The flavor was pretty good and they were just the right amount of sweet, but the cinnamon and nutmeg overpower the pears.

I might make these again, as long as I remember the milk, or maybe I'll substitute some sour cream or yogurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment