Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Ramen

 I attempted to make ramen yesterday and it turned out pretty good.  The kids really liked it, so I was very happy about that. 

3 cups water 

1 large piece of kombu dashi/ kelp 

6-7 whole dried shitake mushrooms 

In the instant pot for 2 min on high.  It may be OK to do it longer,  but read something that said the kelp can make the broth slimy. So I released the pressure after 2 min and took out the kombu. Then I added:

3 garlic cloves minced 

3-4 green onions, chopped white parts 

Thumb of Fresh ginger, grated

1 carrot chopped in 4" matchsticks 

1/4 cup soy sauce 

4 more cups of water 

In the instant pot for 10 min on high.  I released the pressure,  added the ramen noodles (3 small cakes of dried noodles) put the IP on saute mode until the noodles were cooked,  about 5 minutes. 

Then I added a little pepper, the green parts of the green onions, and 2 tablespoons of mirin. 

I added a squirt of Sriracha to add spice and a soft boiled egg (boil water,  add egg and cook for 6 minutes, remove from heat and cool to peel). Bean sprouts would have been good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment