Friday, August 31, 2018

Corn Salad

With the great amount of sweetcorn and tomatoes in the CSA and from the farmers market, I needed something to use it up, so I found a Corn Salad with Tomatoes, Feta and Mint recipe from the New York Times. I changed things up quite a bit due to things on hand, so I can't really "review" the recipe. I used an herbed goat cheese instead of feta and left out the mint, but I thought it turned out pretty good. It made quite a bit! I was eating it for a while, because I was the only one who wanted to eat it.


Recipe as prepared:

INGREDIENTS
2 to 3  cups raw or cooked corn kernels (from 4 to 6 ears)
1  large or 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into fairly small pieces
4  ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
3  tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

PREPARATION
Put the corn, tomatoes, and cheese in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss.
Add the mint leaves and toss again. Taste and add salt and pepper. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment