Sunday, November 26, 2017

Roasted cabbage and apples with veggie sausage

I had (and still have half) a huge cabbage to use up. I’ve made cabbage and apples with veggie sausage before, but not sure if I followed a recipe. This time, I used a recipe from Bon Apetit. It as easy enough, but not sure of the flavors. My cabbage was green, so perhaps that might have changed the flavor profile slightly. There was lots of cabbage leftover, to.


INGREDIENTS
1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium apple, sliced
2 sprigs thyme
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
1 package veggie Italian sausage
Crusty bread (for serving)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400°. Toss cabbage, onion, apple, thyme sprigs, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/4 cup water in a 13x9" baking dish; season with salt and pepper and roast, covered, until cabbage is wilted and softened, 35–45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment