Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Coconut Red Lentil Curry (reboot)

I made a Coconut Red Lentil Curry before but this time I flew by the seat of my pants and used what was on hand:

~2 tbsp olive oil
2 carrots
1 carrot-shaped sweet potato (very small)
1/2 onion
2 small potatoes
5 garlic cloves
1 jalepeno (optional)
maharaja curry powder ~1tbsp
1 cup red lentils
2 cups water
1 can (15 oz?) coconut milk

I chopped everything pretty small, about 1/4" dice or slice. I sauteed all the veggies (minus the hot pepper) then added the curry powder, lentils and water. I added the coconut milk after the lentils were just about cooked. I added the jalepeno last after I dished out Leela's portion, of which she ate a little bit - mostly the carrots.
If I did it again, I'd add the curry powder after sauteing and before adding the water/lentils.
The leftovers were even better than fresh I'm guessing because the flavors had more time to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment