Monday, November 12, 2012

Home made pizza - sorta

Last night I made pizza using our pizza stone for the first time.
I used a crust we purchased and here's Ebon's handy work for the first pizza:

Our go-to toppings are green peppers and onions, so that was one of the pizzas. The second was a margherita of sorts - I used defrosted basil cubes (from the garden) and tomatoes.
It was about 1/4 of a large yellow onion and about 1/4 to 1/2 of a green pepper. In this case it was frozen from the CSA earlier this season. Ebon wasn't a fan of how it tasted, but I couldn't tell the difference.

Here are the leftovers!
The stone definitely helped - it was pre-heated about 30 minutes before using it. The margherita pizza was a bit soggy in the middle because the basil cubes had a lot of water in them, the tomatoes exuded some water, and I added a drizzling of olive oil, which I'm sure didn't help. However, it was still quite tasty!
They baked at 450degF for about 10-20 min - I just watched to make sure the cheese was bubbly and getting brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment