Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Blueberry muffins and egg cups

I made some muffins, both sweet and savory for a friend who just had a baby.

I tried my hand at Alton Brown's blueberry muffins and failed pretty badly. Of course I altered the recipe slightly, so I can't be that disappointed. I used coconut oil that wasn't completely melted/liquid, then the batter was pretty dry, so I added some milk. I was also using some new silicone muffin cups, so they got a little too full and majorly overflowed while baking. I think it's worth trying these again to get it right.

My second round was from Betty Crocker, I made the sweet muffins, based on a less than successful previous try. I was told they tasted good!

For the savory muffins, I went with egg cups with spinach, tomato and feta cheese. My inspiration was from many sites, but basically I broke 12 eggs into a large mixing bowl,chopped up a large handful of spinach, threw in some salt, pepper, and thyme, and added all that to the eggs. I poured everything into 12 muffin cups and added a grape tomato sliced lengthwise and some crumbled feta on top. This was baked for 15-20 minutes at 350 deg F.

No comments:

Post a Comment